Friday, September 14, 2007

We might be crazy

We're still working on our house. We're really really close to being done. It is exciting to think about moving and relaxing for a couple of weeks. However, there is stuff that needs to be done. We are ready to be finished with this really large project.

So, when we're super motivated to work, we try to take advantage of that. Take today for instance: Last night we took the night off from our house. We needed a night off and we knew that this weekend is going to be a crazy work-on-the-house fest. We woke up today feeling refreshed and ready to go.

Reagan is going to purchase an air mattress tonight, while I start working. We are planning to work until we drop, and wake up and work some more. This is a crazy messed up idea of a work-lock-in. Imagine a Ren-Fest or an Art Fair, but with drywall mud, sanding and paint.

Maybe we're crazy, and the first night sleeping at the house is going to be a work-night. But, we need to take advantage of the time we have this weekend. If we don't stay the night, we'd miss most of the morning by sleeping in. I will naturally want to sleep before Reagan and she'll naturally want to sleep in longer than I will. It works out great this way. If I go to bed, she can stay up, and when I wake up, I work while she sleeps.

We're going to take pictures and post them later. Wish us luck in our first work-on-the-house-like-crazy-because-we're-crazy-lock-in.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Go for it! Hope it goes well.

MagenRanae said...

Yay! Sounds like a lot of Crazy Fun!! :)

rallywhit said...

I'm angry that there aren't any pictures of Greta's cousin up yet!!!!!!

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

WE would love to see you also, however it would likely not work out this time around. I have about two weeks left here, and Kristi's parents and my mom are soon to be visiting us out here already! I wish I had more time here, but it seems that I would not get to spend as much time as I would like. Hopefully if I get a nice long school out here again we can visit!

I miss you guys like crazy, and I'm so thrilled to keep seeing your pictures and reading your blog about your house and the rest of life. It's nice to be able to stay in touch in this little way when we are far apart!

<3