Wednesday, June 10, 2009

More Kitchen

While the kitchen progress seems to be coming along really slowly to me, I've realized that I might need to take pictures and document the process to remind myself of everything that has been done. Jere put up shelves in this cabinet that I bought at Restore.


He also put up shelves in that open middle area. One thing missing from this area is a piece of trim that will go on top of the cabinet that is on top of the microwave. Follow me? It will line up perfectly with the top of the middle shelf area so that it all looks like it's cohesive and not so disjointed. The trim is painted so hopefully it'll go up quick.


This is my favorite part of the kitchen right now. When we first talked about putting shelves in this area, Jere came up with the idea of using a piece of trim to brace the shelves. I was all for the idea but didn't quite understand what he meant when he was describing how the end that faced out into the kitchen would look. It was only after he put it up did I understand that he was talking about cutting a piece of trim and making the end have the same curves. He used a friends miter saw and put the corners together. I absolutely love this detail! Isn't it SO cute?!


One other thing that I can say about the kitchen right now is that there is trim along all of the walls. It's the only room in the house that now has finished trim along the floor.



Everything's moving along nicely, I just need to be patient and stop counting down till the baby is here, although it's so hard. We only have seven weeks give or take if he's earlier or later than his due date!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

looks great! way to go.

Rachel said...

oooooooooo, I love that detail too! good call, Jere!