This past weekend I feel like we got a good amount done around the house. I've been wanting to accomplish these things but knew if I started on a project I would need several hours in one block of time. That just hasn't been happening lately but last Saturday I got motivated. It kept raining on and off but I took the shelves I needed to paint out to the porch anyways to prime them.
- The weekend started when I cleaned out my closet and took 3 full bags of clothes to Branded on Thursday. I now have about $30 in store credit! I gave the rest of the clothes to my mom to go through. It feels so good to get rid of clothes I haven't been wearing since being pregnant and won't wear after I'm done being pregnant. I'm pretty sure that got me motivated for the weekend.
- I got 6 shelves and the 9" cabinet that I bought primed with two coats of paint each. I got the final coats of paint done tonight.
- I installed the bracing for the pantry shelving in the back part of our kitchen. I need to move one of the braces though because I forgot that I have a short shelf that will go on the top level.
- I made a stick arrangement for the bare space on our wall where Jere's sculpture was before it got taken to the student art show. I like it because it's random and kind of wild.
- I cleaned the porch so our house looks a little less ghetto (old screen door, cardboard box, stick pile, trash box etc) which made room for me to paint my shelves.
- I rearranged the living room and got all of the tools out of our living space. I moved the TV cabinet into the living room and we've watched several movies on our TV since then. It's so much more comfortable!
- Jere bought and installed mulch and cobblestone flower bed pavers to line the flowerbed I attempted to make a couple weeks ago. It looks so much better! He also bought grass seed and spread some around our yard. Hopefully it'll take to the ground.
- Jere also bought and set up a reel mower and weed wacker. Since we don't have a place to store a gas mower we bought a reel mower so we can carry it to the basement. We were joking that even though we don't own a gas mower, we are now officially adults because we own a mower!
- Sand vanity that's replacing the stainless steel work table in kitchen.
- Prime and paint vanity, feet for vanity.
I need to post pictures soon. Hopefully I can get some taken.
P.S. Today I am 27 weeks along!