Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pregnancy Update

I am 13 weeks 3 days pregnant. Our baby is the size of a medium shrimp and about 3 inches long. 3 INCHES! That's huge! (considering only a couple weeks ago it was about 1 inch...)
Here are a few tidbits about my pregnancy so far.
  • I haven't thrown up at all. (At times I have felt bad for other people that I haven't, then I remind myself to be thankful and that it's dumb to have false guilt) My pregnancy isn't a breeze but I'm thankful there hasn't been any throwing up. It may still be in my future for other pregnancy's.
  • I was ravenous in the beginning and that's faded away in the last couple weeks. Now I'm only starving sometimes.
  • I've been sooo tired and my husband loves it. (me asking to go to bed at 8:30pm is NOT normal)
  • I'm starting to notice my belly is getting bigger but it's nothing crazy. (mostly I can't suck in anymore, I have to stick it out)
  • If I stay up too late, I feel sick.
  • I burp way more than I used to. (and that was quite a bit)
  • The past month has been filled with gagging...on air, water, toothbrush, burps and loose hairs stuck to stuff that I have to pull free. (I hate loose hairs)
  • I have heard the heartbeat three times and I'm thinking I need to go in again before my appointment on Feb. 9th to hear it again.
  • I have taken to wearing black sweat pants and jeans (with a rubber band on the button) to work and I don't care if it's not the dress code.
  • I have wanted to eat pretty much only simple things like sandwiches, quesadillas, soup, yogurt etc. No crazy prepared meals like... (actually can't think of any right now but I'm sure Jere could list a few that he's made and I haven't been able to eat)
  • My husband has made me fall more in love with him because of his service and good attitude. When my stomach hurts and I just need to lay on the couch he doesn't complain.
  • He rubs my hips and thinks of my needs.
  • He makes sure that food is promptly available because he understands that I'm starving and his overall attitude and love has been so much so it makes me crumble to think about it.
  • The love and excitement he has shown already for this baby reaffirms the knowledge that I already have that he will be a wonderful dad and he is just as excited as I am about the little things.
  • Everything he has done means so much to me and I feel so supported and loved even when I have a bad attitude. He reminds me that our life is good and his constant mindset is contagious. I love him.

7 comments:

Jessie said...

I have felt guilty at times that I can not sympathize with some people who get really sick-I just feel bad for them.
I love that Jere is so excited and sweet about the pregnancy :) We are very excited for you guys.

Ren said...

Reagan!!! :) Congratulations!!!! Yay for you guys! I just saw this on your blog! Sounds like it's going ok so far. Good to hear. I talked to Rachel real briefly last nite but she didn't say anything about it! oh well. Im planning on callin you tonite. Talk to you soon!

Lynn said...

So much fun! You guys are going to make great parents! I know you'll for sure be fun =)

April said...

I am so incredibly thankful that I did not throw up with either pregnancy. I don't think there's too many of us out there. :)

Rachel said...

I know - I love how excited Jere is - you guys are going to LOVE being parents!

Rachel Whitten said...

I remember my favorite thing was subway sandwiches, which totally fits in with the simple foods thing. I'm making lasagna tommorow for Colter's bday, but I'll fix you something else if you want. =) And I gagged on air all the time too.

Charissa said...

Reagan! I had no idea! I'm so out of the loop! congrats to you and Jere. :)