Friday, May 30, 2008

It's ok. Don't worry.

So guess what?

My face is numb.

Do you know why?

I was on my way out of the office to grab a quick bite to eat for lunch when a coworker of mine offered me a starburst. Of course I took him up on the offer and as I started chewing it I felt hard little crunches.

"Is there hard stuff in these?" I asked.

Pulling out the candy left no room for what had already happened. I found six small silver rock like structures...

"Dude, that's a filling," another coworker said.

Hrm... I walked back to my desk, looked up my dentist and called the office phone number.

"...normal business hours are eight to noon on Fridays..."

It was noon...

"...but, if you are calling for a dental emergency call this number: ###-####...."

I called it and talked to my dentist's wife.

"He's not here, but I hope he'll be back before 2:30pm."

Oh joy.

I called my wife, to let her know what was going on. After a couple minutes the dentist called me back and I was on my way to have the "emergency filling."

I feel some weird medical show drama going on.

Anyhow, I got to the office and he hooked me up with a shot and started working away. He found another start of a cavity that might start hurting in the next couple of weeks, so he went ahead and filled it, too. I also go the fancy new tooth colored enamel fillings that dry almost instantly.

So, as soon as my mouth isn't numb, I can actually eat the lunch that I tried to get at noon.

1 comments:

Scott and Lynn said...

Wow! What a crazy couple of days you have had! I think you need a vacation :)