Saturday, May 31, 2008

BIYDLYWC continued saga

BIYDLYWC stands for "because if you didn't laugh you would cry". Jere and I have enjoyed each other immensely, but our trip isn't starting out very smoothly. Our flight left at 11:13am from KC. As soon as we got into the air the pilot told us that there was bad weather in Washington D.C, our first layover stop on our way to Amsterdam. We had to get to D.C and then to Philly before we could be on our way to our final destination. I didn't think too much of it. We got closer and they said we weren't allowed to land for and hour and a half and that we didn't have enough gas for that. We were re-routed to Richmond, VA to fill up and wait. We sat there for two hours.

Thankfully, I had a thick book to read by Karen Kingsbury. My friend Shawna gave it to me! I am almost done with it.

Anyways once we left Richmond, there was still a lot of turbulence. By that time Jere and I had missed lunch and were starving! I started to feel soo sick as the flight took off. I have never been sick on a flight but it makes me nervous about flying tomorrow. I had so many waves of nausea, I was shaking and my hands went numb! I really wanted to throw up, but just couldn't. I've never been able to make myself do that. I have never felt anything like that before. Thankfully the flight was only about 30 minutes long. I couldn't WAIT to be standing and walking around again. So here we are at the Crown Plaza hotel in Washington D.C. I'm going to go upstairs and watch t.v with my husband and enjoy the rest of our evening.

Oh yea...our bags aren't here. They are on their way to Amsterdam. Hopefully we'll find them when we get there! You could pray for us if you love us :) Goodnight.

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh, I'm SO sorry! We WILL pray for you!

Shawna said...

What an adventure and you haven't even left the states!

I will certainly be praying.

Do you LIKE the book?

Jessie said...

Oh, I hope it does not happen again. It will get better-we will pray.

bandanachick said...

We'll pray for you guys, the only thing I kept thinking was, at least they don't have a kid with them!

I just read your last couple of posts and I know this doesn't pertain to your posts but I wanted to say, I love your doors!! I love the dark doors with white trim, it looks great!

Reagan said...

Thanks guys! We're heading out right now. Shawna - I LOVE the book:)

Ruth - I'm glad you like our doors...I felt like we needed something to break up all the white trim :)

Kelly said...

I'm so sorry that your trip has started off this way. I am praying you don't have any more bouts with nausea and that your flights improve!!

rallywhit said...

Let's just pray that this is the worse that will happen on your trip!

Can't wait to hear about more of your adventures!

Rachel said...

Oh wow, so crazy. Hopefully you can just sit back and enjoy the ride that this next month is going to be. And hopefully it will be nausea-free... that is awful! I will definitely be praying for you.

I'm glad you can blog - did you bring the laptop, then?

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

oh wow, i am having such major dejavu! i got so sick on our flight to DC from VA on our way here to japan! its the worst, i am sorry. i actually puked though!! =/ but dont worry, on the big flight overseas you wont get sick because you dont feel it near as much as those smaller planes that go shorter distances. praying for a smooth rest of the trip for sure! cant wait to see pictures! =) ps - which k.kingsbury book is it? she's great!

Jessie said...

Hey Happy Anniversary! How is Paris?