Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Upset stomach...

I went to Rosa's today for Taco tuesday (which pretty much rocks) with Mr. Gallagher. Being a vegetarian I ordered three bean tacos instead of my usual three beef and bean tacos.

Mr. Gallagher and I had a great conversation and the food arrived without myself paying much attention. While talking I picked up a gorgeous, savory taco and bit into it...

Chewed a bit...

Chewed some more...

Swallowed and something... just... didn't feel right.

I inspected the taco and who would have guessed that in my hand laid a perfectly tasty beef taco. I was ruined. In this depressing realization, thoughts of letting my wife down in our month long vegetarian venture were strewn across my conscious thought.

I sent the tacos back. The waiter looked confused, for he had written down "3 Beef Tacos". Mr. Gallagher assured me that I ordered "3 Bean Tacos" precisely and that being in a noisy dining room the waiter could have easily mistaken the two words.

Now, I have this weird feeling in my stomach, as if my body is trying to punish my for my ignorance. I hope I do not get another upset stomach when we try to eat meat again in May.

0 comments: