Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Bit of Re-Decorating

Saturday I decided I was going to update our bedroom a little. I brought the curtains from the living room into our room and made a little "love cave" as Jere put it with two sheets around our bed. I hung the sheets by clips and hooks from the ceiling and tied them back with ribbon to hooks that were screwed into the wall. I got the letters at Hobby Lobby for 1/2 off.

This the view from the door as you enter.


The bed is to the left of the door. The sheets I hung are angled over the bed because my original idea was to put the bed angling out of the corner. It wouldn't fit.

It's hard to capture the full effect of the sheets draped around the bed because our room is so small. I can't get back far enough...




This is the view from the end of the bed.

This is the first real "decorating" I've done in our bedroom and I'm loving it. I also changed up the living room a little by replacing the curtains that were moved to our bedroom with white sheets hung on clips. I copied the idea from a friend and since I wanted the change on a whim, this was the cheapest cutest idea. Four dollars per panel is such a nicer price than say $16 per panel!




It already feels more summery and less dreary in our main living space. :)

7 comments:

Shawna said...

LOVE IT!

I really like your art that you did on the living/dining wall. It turned out great!

Jessie said...

Looks great! I am excited to finish putting curtains up too. :)

Rachel said...

wow, that looks amazing! your house looks so different - it has been too long since I've been there!

lanes said...

Lovely! I'm impressed with your skills!

Eryn said...

the bedroom idea is wonderful! it all came together so well. i also love the art work in your living room.

Reagan said...

My husband and sister have called that wall art that I made "beautifully ugly" :) Like it's beautiful in an ugly way. I can see what they mean.

Melodi said...

your house looks soooo cute! i can't wait to see it again!
if i move back to topeka you're totally going to have to show me how to do the sheet over the bed thing! i LOVE it!