Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Making Pizza

A couple weekends ago, I decided we would make homemade pizza. I would like for it to become something we do regularly on the weekends, but it seems like our lives are just too random right now. As is usually the case, I try to start out making dinner and Jere takes over. When he cooks the food it tastes and looks so much better that I never put up a fight about it. When he sees I'm not helping anymore he always asks me to come back and help. The problem is that me "helping" usually entails standing there holding things for him. I love him.
Jere worked at a pizza parlor in highschool and he knows all the stuff you're supposed to do when fixing the crust. I never would have thought to poke holes in it. I just don't know stuff like that...
I helped put the toppings on. Doesn't it look good???

Our pizza is finished and it was seriously soo good! I don't know the cost of it but next time I buy everything for it I'm going to price it out. I really enjoyed it.

6 comments:

lanes said...

You're making my mouth water! That looks so tasty.

Rachel said...

That looks good! What kind of dough did you use?

So what's the deal with the holes? I've never heard that before.

Reagan said...

we made the dough out of wheat flour from some homemade recipe off line. i think the holes makes it thinner...which it wasn't amazingly thin but it was thinner than it would have been

Jeremiah said...

it keeps it from rising too much and makes it crispier... atleast that is what i remember.

Lynn said...

I have a pizza pan that has holes that I love - it makes a crisper crust.

Scott and I are totally craving pizza now - Via's though :)

Reagan said...

Next time, I am going to make our pizza on our pan with holes. We have a couple, but thought the stone would work well. I love crispier crusts! I've never had VIA's pizza. Every time we drive by we talk about how we should go there...