Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Visiting the Olingers

I flew to Denver last weekend to visit my friend Amanda. I was there from Saturday to Monday and it was really relaxing and a lot of fun. Amanda's son Wyatt was being dedicated on Sunday so it was awesome that I was able to go that weekend. Since Wyatt was being dedicated, Austin's (Amanda's hubby) parents drove out too! Here was my weekend in pictures.




Jere took me to the airport.


I was taking pictures out the airplane window and noticed this sign...I fell asleep anyways and woke up when we were touching down on the runway!

Beautiful Colorado.


Feeding Wyatt soon after I arrived.

Saturday afternoon, the girls went shopping for an outfit for Wyatt and Amanda pointed out some prairie dogs! I was enthralled because I've never seen so many in one place. I am sure I've seen them in the past but this was a whole field. Probably 50-100 prairie dogs. It was right by her apartment complex.
After we got back from shopping, Austin's mom organized a "girls put together the cookies activity". She said we needed to have:


1. Breaker of the graham crackers (me)


2. Dipper of pretzels into almond bark (her)


3. Sprinkler of orange dots (Austin's sister)


4. Cutter of the end of green gummy worms (Amanda)


It was such a cute fun idea! And I couldn't stop eating the gummy worms - red of course...

Saturday night, Amanda and I did some crafty stuff. Basically gluing pieces of paper to other pieces of paper. She brought them to church so that people could write love letters to God as an activity they did during church.

Sunday we went hiking! Wyatt was all set to go.
We were supposed to go to a place called "O'Fallen Park" but the road was blocked because of a bike accident. We had pulled into an entrance for Red Rocks Amphitheater so we walked around there instead. I loved the plants on the side of the road.

How many people do you think it takes to put a baby in a carrier...probably just one.

Oops, I was wrong. Four.

The amphitheater.

The amphitheater was so cool because the seats were flat with the floor behind them so there is a lot of room for people to run the stands. That would be a good workout!

I think this is called "Shipwreck Rock".

Doesn't it look better when Amanda joins the shot?

And again.

And again....

There we go.

I love the layers.

Austin & Amanda walking.

Jere took a picture of a heart cloud when we were in Colorado for a friends wedding about four years ago and I thought this one looked like a heart too! What do you think? Do you even see what I'm talking about? Jere thought it looked like a dog or something.

Olinger's at the dedication.


Mama & baby.

Us at the dedication.
Okay. This is really random but growing up we had a dog named Chubby. This dog looked like him to me! Chubby was bigger, but was a possible mix of German Shepherd/Yellow Lab.

So on Monday, I flew out. We had lunch together and shared some "us" time which was nice :) Unfortunately, I slept until 1pm so the day was cut a little short! Amanda, Wyatt and I laid down in her bed around 9:30am (I had woken up around 8:15am) and we all fell right back to sleep! I got home that evening after my step-mom picked me up to find a note from my love welcoming me home to a straightened up living room and dinner prepped for when he got home from class. It was a very nice weekend.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Whoa! I totally know Amanda. We went to youth group together in high school.

Reagan said...

You know, I knew that Magen knows Amanda too but didn't put it together that you would probably know her as well...

We've been friends since freshman year of highschool. T-High WHAT WHAT.

Marcie said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I liked the pretzel cookies, that was such a cute idea! Looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend!

lanes said...

Nice photos, Reagan! My fave's are the plants and the heart cloud pics. That's a quick little weekend trip! Looks like it was a lot of fun. :)

Nicole said...

Red Rocks Rules! I saw Jewel there six or seven years ago. It's a very beautiful place.

Glad you had fun! We need to gather soon!
Nicole