Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Birthday

Today is my birthday. Jer took me out for breakfast this morning! I thought it was so sweet that he would surprise me and wake up at 6am to take me out for my birthday. He had this whole thing worked out where Shawna would cancel on me to go running so that he could surprise me instead. So he took me to Panera and we sat, ate breakfast and looked at houses online - awww how sweet :)

When I lived in Florida and worked for Disney, I turned 20. I had just finished my first year of college and had never lived away from my family before. I didn't know what to do for my birthday but didn't want to mope around if no one knew it was my birthday and didn't do anything FOR ME. That's when my step-mom gave me this good piece of advice.

Do something for yourself. Don't mope around. Don't feel sorry for yourself.

So I set about planning to buy myself a cake to celebrate with my new friends and roommates. I did all this only to be completely surprised when they showed up bearing a cake and card. We ordered Chinese food and had an awesome time!

Ever since then I've realized that birthdays aren't about giving gifts or being cheesy and singing "happy birthday". (although that's fun too) To me, it means that you need to celebrate that person, who they are and what they bring into your life. I am the only person I'll ever get to be and that's pretty important!

So today, I plan to celebrate myself. I have an appointment to get my hair done as well as a massage!

Here are some photos from the party my family had for me on Sunday. :)





11 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy 25th! Hope it's a great day celebrating YOU!!

Rachel said...

Happy birthday! Hope you're having a great day! Did you take off work?

Reagan said...

Thanks - I did take the day off :)

Anne said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY REAGAN!!!!!!
ENJOY YOUR DAY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Reagan! Hope you are having a great day! Laura Renes

bandanachick said...

Happy Birthday Reagan! I hope you have a great day today.

Karen Ruth said...

Happy Birthday, Reago!

Ren said...

aww, what a cute pic of you and Colter! He's smiling so sweet, content on your lap! :)
Thats really cool about your friend surprising you in Florida like that! Happy Birthday (again) !! So thankful for you and your life.

Marcie said...

How fun! Happy Birthday!!!

Jessie said...

Hope you had a great day!

Anonymous said...

REAGAN I wish you a Happy Birthday.
I hope the day was really splendid and thanks a lot for the nice contact to my daughter Mirjam.

You are GREAT!
Special greetings from Vienna to jere and you