Thursday, September 18, 2008

Good News!

I am in the Nutcracker Ballet and I have TWO roles! I am SO EXCITED! I will dance as part of the "Hungarian Corps" and also the "Sugar Plum Fairy Corps". I am thinking that both these roles dance on pointe. When I took ballet and performed years ago, my last Nutcracker role was as a flower dancing on pointe shoes. I don't recall the Hungarian characters and what their costumes look like or how they dance, (could have been called something else when I danced) but I do remember the Sugar Plum Fairy Corps. I was planning on accepting and being happy with any part that I got and so to have two parts in seemingly good roles is amazing to me.

I AM ECSTATIC!!!


I auditioned on August 23rd and although I did horribly, I am just glad I got a part. I remember the holiday season feeling so much more festive when I was taking ballet and performing in the Nutcracker.

You'll all come watch me, won't you????

12 comments:

Shawna said...

YAY! I am so happy for you!

And of course we will come watch you! We went last year and the girls LOVED it.

Jessie said...

Hooray!! Great job-so exciting!! And yes I am coming, I am sure we will come and have a girl party or something. Great job!!

Lynn said...

Sweet! That will be so much fun! We will look forward to coming :)

Marcie said...

Congratulations! I would love to come watch you! I've never actually been to a Nutcracker play so it would be a lot of fun. Let us know what the dates are and I'll see if it works out for us to come.

Reagan said...

The performance is one weekend - December 19th-21st. I am not sure of the times but I can post that later. :)

lanes said...

I'm excited for you! I've been wanting to see the Nutcracker lately, because I seriously have not seen it in years. I will come see you!

rallywhit said...

I'm so excited for you!

It's really cool because you've danced to the Hungarian song before--as a candy cane! I wonder how it will be different. I can't wait to watch you!

Reagan said...

Rach - you think that's what the "hungarian" is? The candy cane part? If it is the same part but just called something different that'll be fun. I wonder what the costumes will look like...

Rachel said...

Cool! We'll be there!

bandanachick said...

So fun for you! Congrats!
We are flying into town that weekend for Christmas...maybe I can come see you too. :)

Kelly said...

Awesome!! Congrats!! Hopefully I'll be able to join in on the fun of seeing you in action!!

Melodi said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Let me know when it is so I can watch you!
Oh yeah. I have a blog. And no time to write in it. Soooo... yay?