Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ottoman Recovered!

Remember that ottoman that I bought back in the spring? It looked like this...

And now it looks like this...It's now a smooth and sleek faux-suede beauty (pronounced "fow swade" not "fox swade") The texture matches my couch.

Here's a little surprise on the inside!

I'm thinking about making pillow covers for the two large pillows sitting on the ottoman. It would be out of the same fabric that was used on the inside but I'm going to let it sit out for a while to see if the contrasting patterns in the curtains and this fabric bugs me. I know it would bug some people, but I am not some people.

What would you do? Maybe I should research Pier 1 where I bought my curtains, buy one panel and make pillows out of THAT...

5 comments:

Jessie said...

It looks awesome!!!! I love the print inside and the pillows-I'm not some people either :)
Way to go-I love it!

p.s. where did you get your Teva's

Karen Ruth said...

Our friend Heidi made it for us using Gimp (a free graphics program). If you have questions about it, her blog is lukeandheidi.blogspot.com. P.S. I love the suede ottoman!

Shawna said...

love it!

I would of course search high and low for an extra panel and make the pillows out of that...or a different patter with those colors. But you already knew that about me! :)

Rachel said...

You did an amazing job on the ottoman, Reagan! Your living room is looking so cozy!

akolinger said...

your so innovative. so when you get a chance you should call me about this business idea my friend Allison and I have about a fabulous store idea for Lawrence...you may want in ;)