Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Dave & Doug Turn 30 (early)

On Sunday I went to a surprise party that my friend Rachel planned for her husband and his twin. Dave and Doug are turning 30 soon and although they kinda knew about it, it was still fun anyways :) I ended up playing volleyball for almost three hours and although I'm not very good, I had a blast! The Bloom's brought their water slide and the kids had so much fun playing on it. Here are some highlights from the evening.




They're here! I arrived late to the party and yet somehow, the birthday boys showed up later than me. I was glad they did!














Do they look surprised? Their kids ran out to greet them and they were smiling the whole time. Surprise! MerkiKate and Brooklyn manned the sno-cone machine to make sure everyone got enough.
Simon (Dave's son) enjoying blue sno-cone and cheetoh combination. Rachel rented a sno-cone machine and it was a great idea! I loved it.
Baby Nyah (sorry if it's spelled wrong!)
The water slide.
Everyone watched as the big blow up slide was in use.
Miles crawled all over batting a soccer ball around and then chasing after it. I caught this picture of him as he is sitting down and the look on his face to me says "Okay. I'll stop for THREE seconds..."







Rachelle playing volleyball.

Blowing out the birthday candles.






















The wonderful mother of these two grown men.














And now for the best part. Watching the big kids go down the slide...






3 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay! Thanks for posting these. I am so sad that I don't have any pictures from the night.

Reagan said...

I didn't take THAT many, but they are all on flickr. I know Melissa has pics for you but feel free to take whatever you want!

Eryn said...

looks like a great party! way to go rachel.