Monday, July 14, 2008

Wedding Thoughts

First of all, when I attend weddings it makes me want to get married again. I attended a wedding this past weekend of TWO people I know. This has never happened to me before (that I can think of anyways) where two people I knew on separate circles of friends started dating and finished it with an "I Do". The groom wrote a poem about his bride three weeks before they started dating and he read it to her 12 days before they got married. I thought it was so sweet.

April 20, 2006
I have loved you
Since the first time I laid eyes
Upon your fair being.
You got my heart racing
Like no one ever could.
Your beauty has only grown over these years;
Your character softly building with each passing day.
I have fervently served you
By always trying my best to avoid you
For fear of tainting your lovely purity
And pushing Christ's plan.
You are the girl I will marry
And I will wait for you forever.
He read it to her July 1, 2008 and I think it emulates their relationship. Christ, love, patience, purity, service, faithfulness and trust. They amaze me. There are so many other things about the wedding that I loved but this poem was just too sweet, not to share.

1 comments:

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I love weddings. That poem the groom wrote was beautiful. -Julia