Friday, May 9, 2008

At Least I Won't Get Spanked...

Last night I backed into a scooter. It was the scooter of a fellow who went to my freind's house and I was parked in front of him. I walked right by that scooter and then proceeded to look in my rearview mirror, not see it in my rearview mirror and quickly back into it knocking it over. I felt soo bad and I apologized a lot so that he would know how sorry I was. Apparently the guy had just had a really nice paint job done on it...very recently.

Anyways I called Jere and knew he wouldn't be mad but wanted to let him know what happened. He wasn't mad, but was worried about how I was feeling...having crashed into a scooter and theretofore needing to pay for the repairs. I was fine and was glad he wasn't too upset.

At the time, the only thing I could think of while driving away from my friend's house was "At least I won't get spanked". It was kind of a silly random thing to be thinking and I have no idea where it came from...I'm just glad I am an adult and when I make a mistake I won't get grounded or be told "I can't trust you with this anymore". Of course the other side of the situation is that we now have to pay either through insurance or out of our pockets to have the guy's scooter fixed...Oh well. At least I won't get spanked for it...that's all that matters. HA