Monday, March 31, 2008

Europe for a month!?

I love my wife, so much. She has a way of challenging me to follow through with my dreams.

Last June (2007) we were dreaming about travelling. "Wouldn't it be awesome to backpack through Europe?" "If only I had four weeks of vacation." "I'll never be able to see the world."

Then my wife piped up and added her beautiful wisdom to the fold. "It wouldn't hurt to ask."

She's awesome. I just needed to man up and ask for time off.

The next day I walked into my boss's office, had a long talk about things and asked him about whether or not I could go. He needed time to think about it, so we left it at that. Time rolled along and a month later, in July, I asked him whether or not he had made a decision. I remember exactly what he said and how he said it. "Yeah, I think you could probably do that."

Sweet. It was ON! Well, atleast I had permission to go. Reagan still needed permission from her boss. The next day she asked her boss and he responded immediately, "Yeah, we have people who take time like that often. That will be no problem."

Oh yeah! YES YES YES! Much rejoicing happened in our house.

Then we realized. Hmm... We have a lot of work to do. In 11 months we would be going to Europe for 30 days.

2 comments:

MagenRanae said...

Do tell more! I'm on the edge of my seat here!

Anonymous said...

I love this. How cool to take a month off to do something like this together! -Julia :-)