Friday, February 15, 2008

Zephyr

As some of you already know, our puppy Zephyr died last Saturday. We had an autopsy done by a 24 hour vet and were told that he had an infection in his lower intestine. He said it spread really quickly and since he was a puppy his body couldn't fight it well. We hadn't yet felt closure as to what really happened and so this week we spoke with our vet. Based off of what we told her, she said that he probably had a seizure from the bacterial infection in his stomach which is actually what killed him. We never noticed anything was wrong with him. We heard him yawn (we woke up at around 7:30am) and a little bit later he was gone.

Today would have been his seven month birthday.



He was our baby.

7 comments:

Scott and Lynn said...

Oh, that is SO sad! Rebekah says she is very sorry :(

Rachel said...

He was so cute. :(

bandanachick said...

That is SO sad! I'm sorry for your loss.

Kelly said...

What a cute puppy! I'm so sorry to hear you lost him.

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

=( i was so sad to hear when ben told me. we are so sorry.

MagenRanae said...

I'm so sorry, guys. This has got to be a really hard time for you both. We're praying.

DogAteMyFinances said...

My pup is not much older than yours. This broke my heart. I can't even imagine how distraught you must be.