Saturday, December 15, 2007

Peanut Brittle...Pioneer Woman Style

If you want to see a professional at work, go here http://www.thepioneerwomancooks.com/ to visit Pioneer Woman's Cooking blog.
I had my camera and was uploading photos so I thought "hmm why not take pictures like Ree?"

Ingredients.
Measure the sugar.

Pour the sugar into your pot.
Measure the Karo syrup.


Pour the Karo syrup into the pot. (combine with sugar)

Then, magically you'll end up with peanut brittle! (this is the part where I forgot to KEEP taking pictures.) I'm pretty sure I got distracted so this is all I have :) This is my attempt at being like the famous Pioneer Woman...unfortunately there can only be one true Pioneer Woman!

You'll Need

candy thermometer

2 cups Sugar

1 cup light Caro syrup

1 lb. raw peanuts

(mix together and set aside)

2 tbsp. butter

3 tsp. baking soda

Cook over medium heat. Mix Sugar and syrup in a heavy pan. Bring to a boil. Add peanuts and continue to boil stirring constantly. If you set your timer and stir every 5 minutes maximum it will be fine. Cook to hard crack stage (300 degree's on candy thermometer). Remove from heat (once temp. hits 300 degrees) and add the butter and soda mixture - Stir thoroughly and quickly. Dump quickly onto buttered cookie sheet (preferred with sides) Cool and then break. If you like it thinner, you can start to pull it apart as soon as it is cool enough to touch. The hardest part is standing there stirring the mixture until it reaches 300 degrees on the candy thermometer.

4 comments:

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

Oooh that looks yummy! Happy New Year!

Eryn said...

so were you taking pics with one hand and measuring with the other? that is pretty good!
how did the peanut brittle taste? i have never made it, but it looks divine!( i need a candy thermometer)

Unknown said...

I followed the recipe to a T and I still ended up with syrup on the outside of my brittle.....WHY?
Signed:frustrated

Reagan said...

Wow penny! I had forgotten is even written this! Thanks for the memories. Not sure what to tell ya...I made it several years in a row and it worked for me.