Friday, March 16, 2007

Sprained Wrist

I've had this sprained wrist off and on since my wedding. It feels like the pain one receives after supporting his head on his hand for too long.


At first I thought it was because my wife was sleeping on my arm. Then, I thought it was because I was sleeping on my hand. Now, I'm not sure what is happening. I woke up a couple nights ago with my hand stretched upward to the wall, pushing on it awkwardly with the back my hand. That was odd. The pain doesn't feel like arthritis or carpal tunnel. My joint isn't swollen, there is no bruising, only minor discomfort resembling the hundred times I've sprained my ankles playing soccer.

Last night was interesting. I decided to do a "strength" workout, which really means a "hate yourself for getting this fat in the first place" workout. A portion of the workout required push ups. At first my wrist was throbbing, but then it gave way and starting to cooperate. Towards the end I was able to do complete sets of push ups without having to fidget my wrist in the middle.

This morning I woke up to a painful wrist, but it is a different kind of pain. It was a good pain. The muscles, tendons or ligaments are soar from an actual workout. Maybe a lifestyle of working out will be a solution to this week wrist of mine.

0 comments: