Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Refurbishing Furniture

A couple weekends ago, I had nothing going on except Nutcracker practice. Nothing. I was amazed and a little bored. So this is what went down.










I'm trying to figure out what COLOR to add to our bedroom. The walls are a medium yellow color and now we have all black furniture in there. I went to Joann's to get fabric and my sister found this cool textured diagonal pattern. It's actually the back of the fabric but it's finished so it works. I covered some card board pieces with the fabric using hot glue and stuck them in to the openings. What do ya think?

7 comments:

Shawna said...

looks amazing chickie!

may I recommend a accent wall in your bedroom? ;) Maybe an icy blue like your curtains in the living room?

I need to come over sometime, it has been too long.

Reagan said...

Thanks! I like the accent wall idea. I think something like the accent wall has been stopping me since we've thought that we'll renting it soon but with Jere in school we'll be there longer than we thought and I should probably make it home :) I've thought about an accent wall in the dining room too on the wall that divides the kitchen and dining.

Shawna said...

yeah, you should make it home! an accent wall would take you only a couple of hrs!

We need to revisit the idea of those vinyl things..I have been reading about cheap ways to do it. Maybe you can do a mix of that and paint color in the living/dining combo?

Rachel said...

I love it - it looks beautiful!

Marcie said...

I love it! You definitely have the touch, and great ideas!

Ben and Kristi Graves said...

that looks great! =) i can't wait to get to do stuff like that one day. you are inspiring me!

Reagan said...

Thanks! I think it's worth it to redo things instead of buying new ($10 for spray paint, 8 for fabric) but it takes time!

I like to be creative in this way so it works out.