Monday, August 18, 2008

Mistreatments

Over at "The Nesting Place", Nester is having a mistreatment party. I have a couple windows that I "mistreated" in my house so I'll join the party and show them to you! They're nothing great but it was so easy to hang them. It took about 10 minutes for both!

So here is the window in my kitchen. I tapped in a few nails and hung the fabric with clips that I already had. I think it makes my kitchen feel cozy.

I recovered two existing lampshades with the same material and put one in there too.

Here is the sink with cabinets.

This window is in the bathroom.

For this mistreatment I put up nails and just hung the tabs right onto the nails. Pretty simple!


10 comments:

Darlene said...

Great mistreatments.....love the colors on both of them!! Great job with the lamp too!

Lamp Tramp said...

ooohhh!!!! love the blue panels and the way you hung them.
I want that red and gold lampshade and treatment in your kitchen

Amanda said...

beautiful! and i LOVE you color schemes!!! very nice

The Berry's Patch said...

Beautiful fabric! I love the idea using the fabric on lampshades. I hate plain lampshades.

Brandee :-)

Melissa said...

I love the knots on the bottom of the mistreatment and the lampshade is the perfect touch! Good job!

The Nester said...

that blueish fabric in your bathroom is the most perfect shade of robin's egg dark blue EVER!!!!

and you have a matching shade in your kitchen to your mistreatments!! Love you!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Great pops of color!

~ Sarah

LaVerne said...

Really love what you did - it just looks wonderful. :)Nancy

Meghan said...

Love this!

Bonita said...

Too cute! Love how you tied those panels at the bottom- that's what you did, right? It gives the room a casual, comfy feel. The lamp is adorable.