Thursday, July 31, 2008

Vanity Affair

Last weekend, I painted some furniture. Here is my vanity and stool. I was pretty proud of myself for being so innovative with these pieces. I had wanted a vanity area with a mirror for a while and was on the lookout. After moving out of our townhouse in May 2007, I found this foyer desk sitting out by the dump. I picked it up and thought "I'll use this as my vanity!" It has a little drawer perfect for some makeup and enough room on the top but it's not too big. I love it. I bought the stool at a charity event for ERC so my $15 went to charity :) I didn't mind the natural way the pieces looked, but I want everything to be uniform in my bedroom. Here they are!



Finished product. The fabric on the stool looks way more green to me now but I'll keep it for now.

5 comments:

Jessie said...

They look great Reagan! You make me want to get working on my own projects :)

Rachel said...

Love it! Looks great.

Christy said...

I love what you did with this vanity, it must look so cute in your house. I posted this project on my website. I know my readers will love it. Thanks so much for sharing.

http://christys-thriftydecorating.blogspot.com/

Thanks again!!!

angela | the painted house said...

It's amazing what a little paint can do, huh? So pretty!

I think if I were stranded on a desert island, I would definitely want a can of paint...or two!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Did you use spray paint? I'm thinking of painting a freebie table I got black so it looks more updated. What kind of paint did you use?