Monday, July 28, 2008

6/5/08 Thursday ~ Travel Journal

Entry:
We spent about seven hours today total traveling to and walking the grounds at Versailles, France. I am so glad we were able to make it out there. The gardens and grandeur remind me of the palaces in London like Hampton Court palace and Windsor Castle. I have to say though...I think I like London's castles better. They just seem more homey, since I'm all about the guilded walls and ceilings (sarcasm) :) The main thing that I LOVED at Versailles was the "Queen's Hamlet". I loved the little houses and paths. The vines, flowers and trees were wonderful. Now we're tired.

Later on in the day

We're trying to buy food from the grocery store to save on restaurant expenses! 20EU for two days is better than 20EU for one meal!

10:15pm
We just got back from a picnic in the park. There's nothing like picnicking right under the Eiffel Tower. We at sandwiches from the store, bread, salami, nutella and water. It was very good! On the way back to our hotel, we met an old guy asking which way the tower was. We chatted for a few minutes. He was from New York and I think he said he was 80 years old making a few last trips around the world.

0 comments: